• Third Tuesdays at 9 am - Rose Maintenance, Calero and LeanAvenues San Jose Garden Club members and friends maintain the 200 rose
bushes. Our group of volunteers trim for one hour, starting at 9 a.m.
All the work is adjacent to the sidewalk and is completed in an hour. This is part of a City of San Jose Project. The roses are in a raised planter box so they are within easy reach, no bending over. Please bring the following to make the job easier: Hat or visor, Drinking water, Loppers or clippers, Gloves, Weeding tool, Bucket for debris Contact Kathy P for more information
• Fridays at 8:30 am. Walking Group: Need some motivation to get more exercise?
We have a SJGC walking group that meets in the back of the VTA lot near Winfield
and Coleman, behind Almaden Lake Village Apartments, 1045 Coleman Road, San
Jose, CA 95123. Wear comfortable walking shoes, bring a bottle of water, and join
us for a walk on the paved Lake Almaden trail. We’re back in the lot about 10 am.
We look forward to seeing you there. Contact Erna or Sue.
• March 19 - 23, 2013 Bouquets to Art DeYoung Museum, San Francisco
• March 20-24, 2013 San Francisco Garden Show, San Mateo fairgrounds.
• April 8, 2013 9:30am SCVD Board Meeting Willows Senior Center
• April 9, 2013 SGJC elections
• May 1st SJGC dues are due!
• May Bishop Buds Garden show (Youth Garden Club sponsored by Sunnyvale Garden Club)
• May 3 - 5, 2013 Carmel Garden Club Flower Show
• May 11 - 18, 2013 CGCI cruise from Los
Angeles to Vancouver, B.C. with ports of call in Santa Barbara, San
Francisco, Astoria, Seattle, and Victoria on the Sapphire Princess.
$1,325 per person (+$115 taxes/fees) includes a $50 donation to CGCI.